____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Monday, June 7, 2010

blogs, twitter, and facebook! Oh my!

So I've just stumbled into this world of authors and bloggers.  It feels so weird to have found some of my favorite authors blogging; It's as if I'm in this amazing Betazoid Twilight Zone where I can hear what authors think and read things the write, for free.


I think I heard about blogging right around when I discovered myspace.  My first thoughts were something along the lines of, "who would want to read about me?" and "why would I want people reading about me?" and "myspace is SO overrated."


What did I have to say, anyway?


Ok, well, I'm a natural storyteller, so I have no idea why I didn't grasp this medium right away.  But at the time, I was just thinking, "who ARE these people?"


So now it's a couple weeks ago, I'm in the middle of a really sucky move--Not that I'm sorry about moving, but just that moving, in general, sucks--and I'm BORED.--Sorry, I was checking my email; I'm back now--So when I'm bored, I start looking for books, and authors, to see if they've written any new books...and I stumbled onto this entire webbed network of authors and agents, book lovers, and blogs, and twitter, and facebook.


And I haven't been able to stop reading, because I keep finding more and more.  It has really meant so much to me to be able to meet all these people and become a part of this community, which is why I want to be able to share and do my part.


The thing is, I've noticed that most of my favorite blogs all seem to have a central theme--books, or movies, or whatever.  So, I've been going over it again, and again, in my head--Is it better to have 50 different blogs, or one blog on 50 different subjects?  Does it matter?  I don't know.  But honestly, I think 50 blogs is too much work, too much to keep track of, so that kind of made up my mind on that.  And I'm sorry, but I have multiple things that interest me, so I guess everybody is just going to have to deal with it.  Or go away.  I'm cool with that, too.  But it would be nice if we could be friends.  I'd really like to be friends.

No comments: