____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's Getting HOT in Here!


Look out!  Because Cleveland is having a heat wave!

Ok, so I just have to tell everyone about Hot in Cleveland!  It's a NEW sitcom on TV Land...

I've loved TV Land for a long time, but mostly because they show reruns of the most amazing shows that were ever on television.  I'm always a little skeptical when I see TV Land, or movie channels branching out like that...Remember when MTV used to have music????  I'm just saying...I'm not super big on change (hence the fact I watch decades-old reruns and have a great obsession over classic movies), and I just don't want to loose the parts of TV Land that made me love it in the first place.  Not that I hold a grudge, but I haven't watched AMC since they started showing ads during the movies.  Not cool.  Up until that point, I would only reluctantly watch TCM or any other movie channel.  After that...Well, I became a TCM/Encore convert.  If AMC ever stops showing ads, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

But back to Hot in Cleveland—I cannot watch this show and drink liquid at the same time...And believe me I tried.  But every time I went to take a sip, I would have to tilt my head and pause, so that I could keep the liquid in my mouth until I had the chance to relax and swallow.  There were several instances where I was just about to swallow and had to hold back again.  And a couple close calls where I almost cleaned out my nasal passages.
THIS. SHOW. IS. FUNNY!


SERIOUSLY. FUNNY!


For those of you who haven't watched it, yet, Hot in Cleveland is a show about three women from L.A., who get stranded in Cleveland on their way to Paris, and realize there might be a lot more to Cleveland than they thought.  The girls are all fabulous and beautiful in their own right, but they're a little older, now, and with all the perfect people running around L.A., all of the girls feel overlooked...Until they land in Cleveland.  Upon arrival in the Buckeye state, they are treated and viewed as if they are bombshells.  The girls start to wonder if maybe there's more to Cleveland than they thought, and they decide to skip Paris and settle in Cleveland for a while.


It's awesomeness might also have something to do with the amazing cast and their brilliant comedic timingJane Leeves (from Frasier), Valerie Bertanelli (just google the '80s), and Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me).  These women have perfect chemistry together, not to mention timing—They play together like they've been together for years!


And did I mention Betty White?  At first I thought she was just going to be a guest spot and maybe have, like, a line or two, just to capitalize on her current popularity.  But Betty White is just as amazing as ever, and it's a thrill to see her with a roll like this, with her in top form.

And I'm loving the guest stars...John Schneider, Huey Lewis, Carl Reiner, Wayne Knight, Amy Yasbeck, Hal Linden, and it looks like we may even be seeing Joe Jonas pretty soon!

This is definitely a show to keep your eye on.  Just keep the beverages at arms length.



(\__/)

No comments: