____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Wind Beneath My Wings...

Shannon Delany's Contest of Great Proportions...otherwise known as Change is Good—Ask a Werewolf...is not over...yet.  The deadline has been extended until July 15, 2010 at 11:59pm.

I was working like CRAZY last week, doing as many entries as possible for this contest...and when I found I had six extra days, well, I needed to give myself a little breather, some time to reboot and refresh.  But since today is officially July 13, that deadline is once again looming, and it's time to finish up some of those entries that I didn't get a chance to work on last week....

This one is really a thank you to all the teachers I've ever had.  I have so many teachers that have inspired me, that it’s hard to pick just one…I’m not even sure that I can.  They each made it exciting to learn and to go to class.  They all inspired me to be creative, to read, to be BETTER and MORE.  I strove to do my best, because I felt like I GLOWED under their praise.  Even later on, when I despised homework, I still wanted to LEARN.

I think I have to thank my grade school teachers most off all for solidifying my love of reading, a great passion in my life.  In kindergarten there was Ramona the Brave.  I really identified with Ramona and wanted to read all her other stories.  In third grade I read and reread Rent a Third Grader so often that I had my mom by me my own copy.  And by fourth and fifth grade, I’d discovered Judy Blume and Sweet Valley, along with Where the Red Fern Grows and The Great Brain.  I have so many exciting and treasured memories that were born from the stories I was encouraged to read.

I just remember wanting to make each of my teachers smile and have that smile reflected on me.  It made me feel special.  They each believed in me, and made me want to do more.  So, if you're a teacher out there, thank you for your passion and dedication to your students, because we appreciate it.

No comments: