____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Sunday, August 15, 2010

IMM Back!!! (IMM4) +Awards!!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!!

So first off, I got 2 (TWO)(TO)(TOO)(II)(TOUT) VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARDS!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty psyched, and I am TOTALLY feeling the love!!!!!
(in case you haven't been counting, that's a total of FOUR for me)
I would like to say 
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU INFINITE
to Courtney from Courtney Reads
and
to the Crazy Cat Lady at the Crazy Cat Lady's Library
both of which are some AWESOME blogs, so make sure to check them out!!!!

The Sacred Rules of the Coveted
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
are as follows:

  1. (no brainer) Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
  4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award!
So, 7 things about me?



  1. I was a HUGE Punky Brewster fan, and even had some pinkish/purple Punky hi-tops I wore EVERYWHERE.
  2. I'm a Libra.
  3. I have five ear-piercings, but have worn up to ten earrings at a time.
  4. I had to get eight stitches once, because it didn't cross my mind to thaw the chicken in the microwave and my knife slipped.
  5. I have seen the various Harry Potter movies in theaters in at least four states, and on video in five.
  6. I used to wake up early to watch Saturday morning cartoons.
  7. I have seen the sunrise from my sleeping bag on an island beach.


As to the rest of my mailbox....

I actually ran into a new author at the gym this week!!!  How crazy is that!?!??!?!  She happened to have a copy of her book with her, so I picked it up...It's a self-published *SIGNED* autobiography called Up the Wooden Hill by Jill Schaefer, about her experiences and her husband's experiences surrounding WWII.

And my other major score...
One of my friends was in town this week and gave me a *SIGNED* copy of his self-published book, Moments and Memories; As Seen Through The Lenses of William McCave.
It's a gorgeous book filled with some of his fantastic photographs, along with some thoughts to ponder.

No ebooks this week, however I did drag my sister back to the second-hand store for another look, and I came home with:

Two oldies, but goodies--I've read these before, but have been having the itch to reread them, so I picked them up as soon as I saw them:
Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley, the sequel to Gone With the Wind
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
And one that was new to me:
The 8th Confession by James Patterson (A Women's Murder Club Mystery)


So...How did the rest of you do????




(\__/)



*In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren*  So head over there if you want to check out what everyone else got, or if you want to find out how to participate!!!

14 comments:

thebookwurrm said...

Aw thanks for the recommendation. I love secondhand bookstores. They make me go a little crazy at times. Do you have many bookshelves?

nymfaux said...

:) I hoped you'd like it!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of second-hand bookstores--this one happens to be mostly a thrift store, and I've only been there a couple of times and I've been happy with their selection...I just have to space out my visits so I have new stuff to pick through ;)

Last week, I TOTALLY scored with a rare copy from a series I like, and so I thought I'd do a double-check and make sure I didn't miss any!!! :)

Bella said...

Hey there! Thank you so much for passing your well-deserved award along to Obsessed! xx Hope you enjoy those fabulous books :)

the story siren said...

thanks for the award! and congrats to you!

Alissa said...

Many grats on the award - you deserve it! And thanks for listing my blog. :D

Smash Attack! said...

Thank you SO much for nominating me for this award! *squeeze* I actually recently received it, and you can see my 7 things here: http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

I was also a major Punky Brewster fan!! Adored that show to pieces.

THANK YOU JILL!

Missie said...

nymfaux!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! And I used to be a huge Punky Brewster fan, too! I used the think I would one day have a little girl named Punky! LOL

Thanks for the cool award.

Liz. R said...

Congrats on the award! Hope you have a great week :).

Danielle said...

Congratulations!!

Erika said...

Thanks for the AWARD!! You got some great books!

Check out my IMM you know where :)

....Petty Witter said...

Well done on the awards, it was good to get to know more about you.

thebookwurrm said...

Thanks so much for the award. I appreciate it. And I'm so jealous of your IMM. I got this one book that, well, I will review it.

Buried in Books said...

Congrats! Congrats! I'm a Libra too! There was a great second hand bookstore in my hometown of Jax, FL where you could trade books for store credit or money. They had everything, but a little confusing on the organization side. I could spend hours in there! Loved it, but sadly it closed.

Heather

nymfaux said...

@Missi Yea!!!! Punky fans unite!!! ;)

@Burried Yea Libras!!!!!! (and happy early b-day!!!!)

@Everyone THANK YOU for all your nice comments and congratulations!!!!! My favorite part of blogging has meeting all of you!!!!!