So first off, I got 2 (TWO)(TO)(TOO)(II)(TOUT) VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARDS!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty psyched, and I am TOTALLY feeling the love!!!!!
(in case you haven't been counting, that's a total of FOUR for me)
I would like to say
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU INFINITE
to Courtney from Courtney Reads
to the Crazy Cat Lady at the Crazy Cat Lady's Library
both of which are some AWESOME blogs, so make sure to check them out!!!!
The Sacred Rules of the Coveted
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
are as follows:
- (no brainer) Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
- Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award!
So, 7 things about me?
- I was a HUGE Punky Brewster fan, and even had some pinkish/purple Punky hi-tops I wore EVERYWHERE.
- I'm a Libra.
- I have five ear-piercings, but have worn up to ten earrings at a time.
- I had to get eight stitches once, because it didn't cross my mind to thaw the chicken in the microwave and my knife slipped.
- I have seen the various Harry Potter movies in theaters in at least four states, and on video in five.
- I used to wake up early to watch Saturday morning cartoons.
- I have seen the sunrise from my sleeping bag on an island beach.
And 15 bloggers who I absolutely think are fantastic...
- Forever Young Adult
- The Story Siren
- Strange Candy Reviews
- Moonlight Book Reviews
- Reading Angel
- The Grammarian's Reviews
- Vision Quest Fail
- The Unread Reader
- Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing
- Bibliophilic Monologues
- Smash Attack Reads!
- Reading Is Sexy
- From the TBR Pile
- Crazy Bookworm
Thanks again to Courtney and the Crazy Cat Lady!!!!
And congrats to all my fellow bloggers!!!!
I actually ran into a new author at the gym this week!!! How crazy is that!?!??!?! She happened to have a copy of her book with her, so I picked it up...It's a self-published *SIGNED* autobiography called Up the Wooden Hill by Jill Schaefer, about her experiences and her husband's experiences surrounding WWII.
And my other major score...
One of my friends was in town this week and gave me a *SIGNED* copy of his self-published book, Moments and Memories; As Seen Through The Lenses of William McCave.
It's a gorgeous book filled with some of his fantastic photographs, along with some thoughts to ponder.
No ebooks this week, however I did drag my sister back to the second-hand store for another look, and I came home with:
Two oldies, but goodies--I've read these before, but have been having the itch to reread them, so I picked them up as soon as I saw them:
Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley, the sequel to Gone With the Wind
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
And one that was new to me:
The 8th Confession by James Patterson (A Women's Murder Club Mystery)
So...How did the rest of you do????