____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Sunday, September 5, 2010

MEMEba me? (IMM7) +Award

Another successful visit to a second-hand shop—It’s actually one that I’ve never been to before (mostly because it has the worst hours ever—It closes at five and isn’t open weekends or holidays).  Anyway, I finally managed to stop by when it was actually open, and this book made it well worth the trip!!!!!!  I haven’t seen Rent a Third Grader by B.B. Hiller in ages!!!!—I’m not sure if I still have it anymore, but I do now!  :)  I used to LOVE this book when I was a kid, and it’s been making me smile all day, just thinking about it. :)

Also, I joined my first blog tour and was actually supposed to post a couple days ago, but my ARC of The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted only just came in the mail.  Can’t wait to read it, though, it looks amazing!!!!!!







Oh, and did I mention that Jenn @ No Rest for the Wicked (awesome name and SOOOOO true) gave me the One Lovely Blog Award????  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! :) :) :)

And lastly, for my ever-faithful Nook, more *FREE* ebooks from Barnes&Noble!!!!!  They spoil me so good!!!!!



Hope you're having a fantastic Labor Day weekend!!!!!


(\__/)


*In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren*  So head over there if you want to check out what everyone else got, or if you want to find out how to participate!!!

7 comments:

LLL Reviews said...

Whoa!! B&N is definitely treating you well. Wicked line up of books!=) I am sure you will enjoy devouring them!!=)

Happy Reading!
Aloha!

Lisa said...

Gotta love those free books

Here's Mine

randomlybree said...

Wow, you sure got a lot! haha
The Education of Bet looks good.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Elie said...

I always forget to turn my nook on to get the free updates. Or do you have to take it in the store? can't remember. Anyways, great mailbox.

nymfaux said...

*smiles* :) yes, I LOVE BN and my Nook, hopefully some day I'll be able to read through it, but I LOVE knowing it's there whenever I want to!!!!!!

nymfaux said...

@Elie

Probably more than you want to know but...

I'm signed up for emails from Barnes&Noble, so I usually get regular updates about coupons or downloads available. Lately, they've been releasing different books from their BN classics collection about twice a week, so even if I don't get an email, I try to check a couple times a week. You can go right to their website--If you click on ebooks, which brings you to that section--If you scroll down, on the left-hand side, there are a bunch of categories to choose from--including FREE EBOOKS, and further down, LIBRARY OF ESSENTIAL READING.

FREE EBOOKS can be overwhelming, because there are tons---I went crazy downloading my first couple weeks as a new Nook owner. I searched for almost everything I'd ever read in high school and college, classics, and anything I'd ever wanted to read--almost anything that was published before the early 1900s is available free. You can also put in 0.00 in the search bar to get more FREE search results---And you can limit your search by using the ADVANCED SEARCH options.

The LIBRARY OF ESSENTIAL READING is BN's classics collection, that they seem to be updating at least once a week, sometimes twice. Now, when I did my initial searches when I first got my Nook, I picked up a lot of these books for free anyway, because most of the classics are now in public domain. However, the nice thing about the BN collection is that they are usually more Nook friendly--instead of just getting the scanned versions (which I'm totally fine with), you also get a table of contents so that you can more easily navigate the book, go back or forward to a certain chapter or the cover---which you can't usually do with the scanned Google versions--But I'm not picky, free is free.

Hope this helps--I also did a couple of posts about all the things I've learned using my Nook, and I've just played around with it a massive amount, so if you have any other questions, let me know!!!!!

prophecygirl said...

The Education of Bet sounds pretty great!