____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! (IMM14)

Muwahaha!!!! (evil laugh)

I’ve been so excited for HalloweenNot that I have anywhere to goOr am dressing up, or anything exciting like thatWhile I do love to get all decked out in a good costume, this year I’ve been in a new place and have been just as happy to chill with some spooky books and scary movies on some classic stormy, dark nights.

So, while I’ve been catching up on some of the classics, and some of my favorites, I’ve been a little slow in acquiring books the last couple weeks—(that and the Barnes&Noble is still being pretty chintzy with their free ebook specials.  I’m certainly grateful for all their previous giveaways, but I’m slightly irked to find that they have a brand-new Nook coming out just 6 months after I bought mine.  And of course I bought mine at the original price, not the new lower priceAnd mine gets wi-fi, but not 3G.)(*DISCLAIMER* I still love my Nook, and I would have been absolutely lost without it the last couple of months; it’s without a doubt one of the best investments I’ve ever made)(not that I wouldn’t be absolutely ecstatic for the shiny new version)(sigh)

Not that this week has been a loss, by any means.

First off, I don’t think I mentioned, (at least not until yesterday) but in the Halloween spirit, I got a galley of Stephen Rebello’s Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho.  It’s to die for!  ;)

Also in the Halloween spirit—or at least in the spirit of candy, Tera Lynn Childs released chapter 9 of her sweet sensationEye Candy.  If you’re not reading this, I’m so sad for you.  First, because it’s free, and secondly, because it’s absolutely mouthwateringly gooooood!!!!!

And speaking of sweetnessHalloween ended up coming a little early for me this year.  Or at least the trick-or-treating.  Ok, it was all treats.  Apparently there is a real place called $1 Bookstore.  And it is filled with books that are only $1.  It’s like a Dollar Store, but filled with books.  Forget Disneworld, this is the most amazing place on earth.  I could have spent forever there.  Sigh.

I came away with Meg Cabot’s Teen Idol and Tina Ferraro’s Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, both of which are new (to me) books that have been on my tbr list for awhile, but hadn’t quite made it into my hands until now.


I also picked up a couple of old favorites, just for nostalgia’s sake.  I read Theodore Taylor’s The Cay and Joanna Campbell’s Thoroughbred series as a kid, and couldn’t resist picking them up to reread.


And lastly, I’m always on the lookout for older books that are kind of off-beat, hence Phyllis Diller’s Housekeeping Hints.


Well, that’s it for me.  Here’s hoping your Halloween is all treats and no tricks!!!!




(\__/)


*In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren*  So head over there if you want to check out what everyone else got, or if you want to find out how to participate!!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, Alfred Hitchcock is very Halloween-y. Great IMM this week (despite the whole Nook thing--at least you still love yours! I like my Kindle but am drooling over the color Nook.).

Happy Halloween! Hope yours is spook-tacular! Mwuahahah! ;P

chelleyreads said...

Happy Halloween!! Some of your books are very halloween appropriate. enjoy and happy reading :)

if you have time, check out our IMM here

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I totally know what you mean about the Nook! I bought mine about four months ago, so I DID get the lower price and the wifi/3G version, but when I heard they were coming out with a new color version, I was like SERIOUSLY!?!?!? I adore my Nook, but I wouldn't mind having the pretty new one either!

brandileigh2003 said...

Happy halloween to you too!

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog