____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with a Bang! Day 3 Mini-Challenges

So, I haven't spent all day reading, because I decided to try two of the fun mini-challenges for the Out With a Bang!  Read-a-Thon hosted by The Bookish Type and Book-Savvy.

The first mini-challenge, hosted by Books, Sweets and Other Treats was to answer:


1) Out of all the books you read in 2010, which one would you like to see made into a movie? Why?

It's funny, because I think most of the books that I've been reading are going to be, or have been, turned into movies or tv shows, but I think I might go with The Alpha Bet by Stephanie Hale.  I could totally see it being a cute teen romance/comedy in the style of Easy A.

2) Pick a song that you feel represents the book as a whole.


I would pick Mika's Grace Kelly, because the main character of the book is named Grace Kelly, and the song lyrics ask "Why don't you like me?", while the book character is trying to figure out how to fit in and make people like her.


The second mini-challenge I did, hosted by Reading Teen, was to take 3 or more books from your shelves and try to make a sentence from them.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge and could have probably spent a lot longer playing around, but I stopped myself after two sentences:

Daddy Long-Legs, who get's the drumstick?  Jane and the damned Mr. Roberts burned the dark half.






My fair lady, let's elope on the beach.








Hope your having as much fun seeing 2010 out as I am!!!


(\__/)

2 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I love your book sentence! That takes major creativity! I'm loving what everyone came up with! Happy New Year!

nymfaux said...

:) Thanks!!! I had so much fun doing this!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!