____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 E-Book Challenge and Show Me the Free Challenge

I was (and am) planning to do Bookish Ardour's Off the Shelf!  Reading Challenge because I have so many ebooks on my Nook that I’d love to work on.  Then I noticed how many books I had on my actual shelves.

Then I noticed that The Ladybug Reads is hosting the 2011 E-Book Challenge. (previously hosted by Alaine at Queen of Happy Endings).

Sweet!!!!

My grand total is somewhere around 800 ebooks (mostly free!!!)(mostly classics, or books that I’d heard about, or just whatever sounded interesting).  I’m not planning to read them all this year, but it would definitely be nice to make a dent in there.

And since most of them are old enough that they are in the public domain and were FREE…I can also count them toward the 2011 Show Me the Free Challenge hosted by The Unread Reader!!!!  Yea!!!!

Show Me the Free Challenge has three levels (minimum of 12 books)(if my math is right, that’s one a month)(but I think I can do better), but I think I’m going to be ambitious on this one and aim for the:
Super Saver level =30+ books

And for the E-Book Challenge I’m leaning somewhere in between Obsessed (20 books) and Possessed (50 books).  I think maybe I’ll start off Obsessed, and then upgrade later on if I’m doing well.

I plan to list all the books as I read them.

2011 E-Book Challenge
(Obsessed=20 books)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

2011 Show Me the Free
(Super Saver=30+ books)
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.




Well, wish me luck!!!!



(\__/)

3 comments:

Missie said...

YOU!

Long time, no see. *slaps self*

Thanks for joining the Show Me the Free Challenge. You are like the second person to commit to Super Saver level. w00t!

I look forward to reading your challenge reviews. Good Luck.

La Coccinelle said...

Thanks for joining the E-Book Reading Challenge! Have fun!

nymfaux said...

:) I'm am so excited!!! These challenges are exactly what I needed!!!!