____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Off The Shelf! Reading Challenge

Off The Shelf!

Oops!

Ok, so I found this super-awesome-amazing challenge that I thought sounded like fun, so I thought I’d give it a try—Bookish Ardour is hosting an Off The Shelf Reading Challenge.  It’s basically as simple (or difficult) as it sounds—Read the books you already have, but haven’t read yet, have been meaning to read, or (in my case) completely forgot about.

I kind of went crazy downloading free e-books when I first got my Nook, so I thought this would be the perfect thing to get me reading all those classics I’d never gotten to but had wanted to read.  And while I was at it, I thought I’d got through my (real) bookshelves and see what I still have on the tbr pile.  After I got my Nook, I downsized my (real) book collection to one bookcase.  And then, after I started winning some contests, I added a TBR bookshelf next to my desk.

So, only 15 books on my TBR shelf.  Not too bad.  As a challenge level, it only rates =Trying.

Back to my (real) bookshelf.  Um, approximately another 65.  Like I said, oops.

Out of around 300, that’s really not that bad.

Um, well, that’s why I’m signing up for the challenge!

My Bookshelf:

  1. Sacrifice (Mortal Path series, book 2), Dakota Banks
  2. Wanted (Pretty Little Liars series, book 8), Sara Shepard
  3. Thornspell, Helen Lowe
  4. The Body Finder, Kimberly Derting
  5. Sisters Red, Jackson Pearce
  6. Brave Buffalo Fighter, John D. Fitzgerald
  7. Lyddie, Katherine Patterson
  8. Out of Darkness, Jaime Rush
  9. A Perfect Darkness, Jaime Rush
  10. When Blook Calls, J.K. Beck
  11. Death Most Definite, Trent Jamieson
  12. Return to Paradise, Simone Elkeles
  13. The 8th Confession, James Patterson
  14. Jane and the Damned, Janet Mullaney
  15. Frosty:  A Raccoon to Remember, Harriet E. Weaver
  16. Up the Wooden Hill, Jill Schaefer
  17. Women’s Diaries of the Westward Journey, Lillian Schlissel
  18. You Can’t Win, Jack Black
  19. Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi, Rob MacGregor
  20. Indiana Jones and the Dance of the Giants, Rob MacGregor
  21. Shattered Love, Richard Chamberlain
  22. Notorious:  Life of Ingrid Bergman, Donald Spoto
  23. Holiday for Murder, Agatha Christie
  24. Wonder Woman Mythos (Justice League of America), Carol Lay
  25. Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself, Alan Alda
  26. The Flash:  Stop Motion (JLA), Mark Shultz
  27. Ho for California!, Sandra L. Meyers
  28. Alfred Hitchcock Presents:  Stories That Scared Even Me
  29. The Sweet Potato Queen’s Book of Love, Jill Conner Browne
  30. The Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch, Haywood Smith
  31. Funerals Are Fatal, Agatha Christie
  32. Batman:  The Stone King (JLA), Alan Grant
  33. Hitchcock on Hitchcock, Sidney Gottlieb
  34. How Paul Robeson Saved My Life and Other Happy Stories, Carl Reiner
  35. Green Lantern:  Hero’s Quest (JLA), Dennis O’Neil
  36. Easy to Kill, Agatha Christie
  37. Murder after Hours, Agatha Christie
  38. I Kid You Not, Jack Paar
  39. Death Comes at the End, Agatha Christie
  40. Justice League of America:  Exterminators (JLA), Christopher Gold
  41. Call Me Anna, The Autobiography of Patty Duke, Patty Duke and Kenneth Turran
  42. Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good, Paul Newman and A.E. Hotchner
  43. The Dark Half, Stephen King
  44. Nobody’s fool, Martin Gottfried
  45. The Bible
  46. Rascal, Sterling North
  47. Move Over Darling, Marvin H. Albert
  48. The Dark is Rising, Susan Cooper
  49. Ghostbusters:  The Supernatural Spectacular, Richard Muellar
  50. The Goonies, James Kahn
  51. Back to the Future, George Gipe
  52. Back to the Future:  Part II, Craig Shaw Gardner
  53. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Cambell Black
  54. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, James Kahn
  55. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Rob MacGregor
  56. First Knight, Elizabeth Chadwick
  57. Face/Off, Clark Carlton
  58. Die Hard with a Vengence, D. Chiel
  59. Dangerous Minds, LouAnne Johnson
  60. That Darn Cat, The Gordons
  61. Big, B.B. Hiller and Neil W. Hiller
  62. Ever After:  A Cinderella Story, Wendy Logia
  63. Lisa and Lottie, Erich Kastner
  64. Mister Roberts, Thomas Heggen
  65. So Dear to My Heart, Sterling North
  66. Anna and the King of Siam, Margaret Landon
  67. All Hands on Deck, Donald R. Morris
  68. 4 for Texas, Dan Cushman
  69. All the President’s Men, Woodward and Bernstein
  70. In the Line of Fire, Max Allan Collins
  71. The Glass Bottom Boat, Bradford Street
  72. Divorce American Style, Jackson Donahue
  73. Adventures in Babysitting, Foucher
  74. How to Murder Your Wife
  75. Catch Me If You Can, Frank Abignale, Jr. with Stan Redding
  76. On the Beach, Nevil Shute
  77. Lost and Found, Melvin Frank and Jack Rose


Ok.  Um, 77.  If I’m to read them all, that would put me at the Flying Off challenge level.

So, I definitely do want to get some of these books off my shelf, and I don’t want to be overly ambitious, so I think I’m going to start with a happy medium
Making a Dint=30 Books

I think I can handle that!  And I figure I can always upgrade later on. ;)

As for my ebooks…turns out they have their own challenge…






(\__/)

No comments: