____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started!

Happy New Year Everybody!!!!!!!

Um, so, yeah, about that…So, over the past week or so, I’ve been thinking about resolutions.  Because I wanted to pick a good one.  But you want to know the honest truth?  I don’t really like making resolutions.  They always seem so final

And I don’t want to set myself up to fail, either.  I want to exercise more—But I don’t want to beat myself up over it if I miss a day.  I want to say that I want to eat better, but I’m really not convinced that this is the year that vegetables are going to taste better.  Plus, I still like fast food and frozen pizza, and I don’t think that makes me a bad person.  And then there’s the watching less tv.  Part of me would like to be one of those people that “never really has time to watch anything,” but most of me would like to smack those people.  That’s what DVRs are for; right?

I was talking to my grandma a few days ago; she said that her resolution was to open her eyes every morning and get out of bed.  :)

So here’s what I finally came up with:  I want to be the best me I can each day.  Before I open my eyes and get out of bed, I want to take a few minutes to snuggle under the covers and breathe deeply.  I want to inhale and take a moment to remember as many dreams as I can.  And as the day goes on, I want to make the best choices I can.

So what does that mean?

Yes, it does mean trying to fit in exercise where I can.  But it also means falling in love with reading and writing and books and movies every single day, or at least as often as I can—Sharing all my favorites on my blog with all the wonderful people who read it.  Trying new things, like new memes or blog hops that come my way, learning new languages, and grabbing adventures whenever they come my way.  Maybe even finishing my novel???

It’s so hard to plan for the unexpected, not knowing what may come my way, or what this New Year will bring, but if I wake up each day and spend it being the best me I can be, well, then, I think this is going to be a pretty good year!!!!!


Happy New Year!!!!!!!





(\__/)

2 comments:

Misty (Mistys Book Mess) said...

WOW thats a very good resolution! Heaps better then mine.

nymfaux said...

Thanks Misty!!!! So far, so good! ;)

--I checked out your blog and saw that you love Jane Eyre and Tamora Pierce, too!!!---Yea!!!! Anyway, I'm a follower, now, and I can't wait to read more!!!!

Happy New Year!!!