____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Friday, May 6, 2011

Follow Friday (FF6) and Book Blogger Hop 4

Hoppy Friday Everyone!!!

Last week I was feeling kind of social, so I joined in on Crazy-For-BooksBook Blogger Hop and Parajunkee's Feature and Follow Fridays.

I did one thing differently from the first few times that I tried—All the other times I felt kind of rushed trying to follow as many blogs as possible and trying to quick comment before racing on to the next blog.  I found a lot of amazing blogs that way, but it all went by in a blur.  So last week, I still pulled an all-nighter Thursday night.  But this time, since I knew there just wasn’t enough physical TIME to visit every blog that linked up, I made it a point to really stop and look around, and check out the blogs that I did get a chance to visit—to not just cut and paste comments, but to read everybody’s posts and comment individually.  It ended up being a lot more fun for me, and I have to say…It was kind of AMAZING.

I had so much fun checking out everybody’s posts, but like I said, I didn’t have a chance to stop by everybody, so I’m hopping back to check out all the new blogs and meet more people!!!!






For anyone who’s new—The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books, and goes Friday through Monday.













Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meet and greet meme hosted by Parajunkee, where she features a blogger of the week, and all us awesome bloggers can hop around, introduce ourselves, and meet each other.










This week’s Featured Blogger is Al from Magnet 4 Books—so be sure to check her out!!!

If you want to join in the fun just hop on over to Parajunkee’s View for Feature Follow Friday, or check out Crazy For Books for The Book Blogger HopThen just add your name and link to the list and start hopping!


Easy-peasy ;)



Now for the Q&A portion of the evening:



Crazy for Books question of the week is:  
Which book blogger would you most like to meet in real life?





Answer:  Ok, first let me preface this with a little brown-nosing…because I think the top bloggers that I’m watching right now are Crazy for Books, Parajunkee, and The Story Siren—I follow them all for their reviews, posts in general, their insight on blogging…and their general awesomeness—Because even when I’m not in the meme mood, I can’t help but notice everyone else who is.  These three are truly rock stars among bloggers!

Now, among my book blogging BFFs who I share very similar taste in books, of whom I read every one of their blog posts religiously, and whom I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet in person???

Nafiza of Bibliophilic Monologues and Renata of Bla Bla Books.




And via Parajunkee:
Q. Circle time! Time to share. What character in a book would you most like to be, what character in a book would you most like to date?


Answer:  Alanna or Kel from Tamora Pierce’s Tortal universe.

I love the epic romances of Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre, and Meggie from Colleen McCullough’s The Thorn Birds.

But I would definitely say that Tamora Pierce’s stories are the ones that have most inspired me—The ones that most made me want to travel and have adventures.




Alanna is the girl who started it all—Who wanted to be a knight, when only boys could be knights—Who pretended to be a boy so she could become a knight—Who wanted to save the world and go on grand adventures.  And years later, after Alanna has been discovered and paved the way for girls to become knights, while Alanna is still out having adventures, Kel becomes the first girl to take up Alanna’s challenge, to be a girl, and to become a knight at the same time—And above all, to have grand adventures!!!







So, while I will probably never become a knight, I have discovered that I can still travel and have grand adventures!!!—I’ve driven cross-country—from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific and seen four of the five Great Lakes.  I’ve gone kaking in sea caves, camping on islands, and woken up to the sunrise on a beach.  I’ve gone snowshoeing and dog-sledding and cross-country skiing.  I’ve driven on roads made of ice, flown in airplanes, taken the subway, ridden in fairies, trains, buses, four-wheelers, snow mobiles, and a motorcycle.  I’ve been to France, Ireland, Canada, and Mexico.  I’ve lived in four states and visited 26.  I’ve seen Harry Potter in 8 states and four time zones.  I’ve seen the tops of the Empire State Building, the Sears Tower, and the Eiffel Tower.  I’ve seen rocket launches and felt earthquakes, snuggled inside during blizzards, and gone to the basement during tornadoes.  I’ve gone dancing in the Poconos, riding in Montana, and hiking in Yosemite.

And everywhere I’ve gone, I take Tamora Pierce’s books with me.  I’ve read and re-read them countless times.  And every time I re-read them I feel refreshed and invigorated and inspired and ready to have more adventures and take on the world!!!


As to which characters I would like to date…Jane Eyre and The Thorn Birds are my favorite epic love stories…but I don’t know that either Rochester or Father Ralph would be good dating material…but then again, I know my heart does skip a little whenever I think of either of them…   ;D       *sigh*




Have a great weekend everybody!!!  And enjoy the hops!!!




(\__/)


38 comments:

Nicki J Markus said...

Thanks for the follow, am following back.
Enjoy your adventures! I also love to travel!!

Tristan said...

Hey, thanx for stoppin by my blog, i'm following back. I love your blog and the fact that it has ADD, blog with personality! I've actually never read these books, but im def gonna look into them ;)

Truly Bookish said...

Thanks for stopping by and I am returning the follow! Your adventures sound so awesome!
NC
Truly Bookish

Bonnie said...

Just an old follower wishing you a happy Friday! So glad that you were able to find a way to make the hop work for you and still be fun!

I have never read any of Tamora Pierce’s books - sounds like I really should do something about that!

Heather (booksavvybabe) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for FF! I am following you back!

Kristen - Seeing Night said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for the hops :) I havent read a Tamora Pierce book...so am I missing out?? Cause Ive noticed shes pretty popular lol. Im so behind sometimes.

Lea said...

Hi there, new follower here :)

Interesting you mentioned Jane Eyre-- I don't think I'd want to date Mr. Rochester either (waaayyy too much baggage) but Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice on the other hand? I think I could handle that :)

Feel free to stop by for a visit sometime, and have a great weekend!!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Beth said...

Haha - I think you'll have to be Kel because I chose Alanna! ( http://alittlesunshy.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-1.html )

I'm a new stalker/follower (due mainly to our shared Jane Eyre/Tamora Pierce fandom) so.. uh.. hello and keep up the good work?!

kathy said...

Fun blog! I'm following you now. :)
I think I'm the only person who hasn't read Jane Eyre yet, but the movie looks amazing, and I know eventually I'll get to the book.
Happy Friday!
kathy from
Read This Instead

Howard Sherman said...

I’ve met so many great people via the Book Book Blogger Con at Book Expo America I honestly can’t come up with a single name of a book blogger I want to meet but haven’t yet!

I’m heading back to BBC @ BEA. I hope to see you there!

Hop on by my blog and just say hi – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

nymfaux said...

@Nicki--Thanks for the follow--always nice to meet a fellow traveler!!! :D

@Tristan--awww, thanks so much...I don't know if I have ADD, but I feel like it...but with all the awesome books and movies out right now, it's sooooo easy to get distracted... ;) I really hope you enjoy the books if you get a chance to read them--definitely some of my all-time favorites :D

@Truly Bookish--Thanks for the follow, glad you could stop by...and although sometimes I just like curling up with a good book or vegging out and watching TV, I've definitely had some cool adventures!!!

nymfaux said...

@Bonnie--Glad you could stop by!!!

--As for Tamora Pierce...I've been reading her books since middle school/high school and I still LOVE them and reread them over and over--And they've pretty much gone on most of my adventures with me :D --If you like fun and adventure, and a little bit of magic, I would definitely recommend these!!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@Heather--thanks for the follow!!!--I'm glad you could stop by!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@Kristen--Tamora Pierce IS. SO. GOOD.

--I could go on and on, because I've gone on road trips to see her at book signings (hey, 5 hours isn't that far away...) and when my bookstore didn't have her book on release day, I drove an hour away (to another state) to get it...or the times I had to drive an hour or two, because I didn't have a bookstore close by...

And no matter what age, I totally find the fun, the romance, the adventure, the sense of humor... um, so yeah, I would totally recommend her!!!

But don't feel bad for being "behind"--if it makes you feel better, I'm still on the library waiting list for The Hunger Games... I may actually have to cave and buy them ;)

nymfaux said...

@Lea--thanks for the follow!!! (I love your blog design!!!)

*sigh* I know Mr. Rochester has SO MUCH baggage...but then why do I get all tingly inside??? Thank goodness he's a fictional character, otherwise I think I would be totally helpless against his broody angst. ;)

Hope you have a great weekend, too!!!

I Read Banned Books said...

Thx for hopping by! I haven't read any Tamora Pierce's books. Gah! I need to remedy that!

nymfaux said...

@Beth :D I'm stalking/following you back--love to meet a fellow Jane Eyre Tamora Pierce fan!!!--And Kel is pretty kick-butt, too, so I think she'd be a lot of fun!!! :D

Kristi The Book Faery said...

Hi Nymfaux! New follower here and on networked blogs.
Gorgeous blog! So glad I stopped by! I'll be a frequent visitor!

Stop by and see me :o]

Kristi-The Book Faery

Kristin said...

Thanks so much for the visit! I'm your newest follower and I love your blog name! Very cute:)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

nymfaux said...

@Kathy...I felt bad that I haven't read The Hunger Games yet...but YOU HAVE TO READ JANE EYRE!!!!!

I don't say that about a lot of books, because as much as I enjoy them, everybody has different tastes...but YOU HAVE TO READ JANE EYRE!!!!--I actually saw the Orson Welles/Joan Fontaine version when I was a freshman in high school, and thought it might be worth doing a book report on...only to have it become one of my FAVORITE. BOOKS. EVER.

nymfaux said...

@Howard--Thanks for stopping by!!!--Glad you've been able to attend so many conferences--I'd love to go to BEA someday...maybe when it's a little closer!

Lindsay of VioletHourBR said...

Have you read Jane Slayre? It's pretty good lol. I haven't read anything by Pierce yet, but I'm gonna check the books out! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier. Returning the follow =)

nymfaux said...

@Banned Books--back at ya--Thanks for visiting :D I can't say enough, how much I LOVE Tamora Pierce's books...so I'll say it again!!!--some of my all-time favorites--I hope you get a chance to read them!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@Kristi (TBF)--Thanks for the follow!!!--Especially the networked blogs...it was looking a little lonely ;) I'm so glad you like my blog!!! :D *big smile* :D

--I checked out your blog and can't wait to see some of your upcoming reviews!!!--(I've been seeing mixed reviews on Steel)

nymfaux said...

@Kristin--thanks for stopping by! And glad you like my blog name :D I had a lot of fun thinking it up :D

Hope you have a great weekend, too!!!

nymfaux said...

@Lindsay I haven't read Jane Slayre--I've been a little wary of the crossovers--but I'm definitely looking forward to your review!!! :D

And I really hope you enjoy the Pierce books--They're so much fun!!!! :D

Lea said...

Thanks so much for your comment about liking my blog, that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when I hear that people like what I'm working on :) Your blog is gorgeous too, love the banner at the top! Also, I liked reading about all the things you have done already, that is quite amazing to have already done all that! I lived in France for a year and loved it there :) Can't wait to go back someday! Have a great rest of your weekend!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books said...

Thanks for stopping by, I'm an old follower as well. I also can't wait for Vanish. Just finished Firelight. Have a good weekend!

nymfaux said...

@Lea--Awww, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy too!!!

I've definitely had some fun adventures--and a lot of great memories!!! --I just try to make the most of the opportunities that come along!!!

Wow--A year in France!!!--That must have been amazing!!!--I was only there for two weeks, but I could have spent so much more time--That's the trouble with traveling--It's addictive. The more I travel, the more I want to travel!!!

nymfaux said...

@Chelsey--Isn't Sophie Jordan fantastic!?!?!?--She has such amazingly rich descriptions!!!--I LOVED Firelight and am SO excited for Vanish!!!

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Book Labyrinth. =)

I actually haven't read any Tamora Pierce, but I have a couple of friends who swear by her books... and I've heard great things about Alanna. I definitely need to check her out sometime soon.

Kat said...

Following you back now! :) I must say I'm very jealous of the extensive traveling and adventuring you've done!! And seeing Harry Potter in multiple states is a worthy goal. :)

I haven't read the Alanna books, but they've been on my goodreads to-read list so long that they're now at the very top. Sounds like I'm definitely going to have to check them out!

Have a great weekend.

thebookwurrm said...

Aw! I would love to meet you too! We'd end up eating lots and talking books like crazy women! Hehe. And have you seen North and South? The BBC mini series? I think you'll love it. Like super duper absolutely crazy love it.

Carissa said...

Very Great Post! I have Song of the Lioness, but I have yet to read it! But I have always heard good things.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you for swinging by! Happy Hop!

Brooke said...

Thanks for hopping over to my blog this weekend! Oh, an adventure title would be fun to be part of!

nymfaux said...

@Ashley--I totally swear by Tamora Pierce and Alanna--I hope you get the chance to check them out!!!

@Kat--thanks for the follow! :D First off--REALLY hope you check out the Alanna books!!! :D

--secondly...the traveling :D I've definitely had some amazing adventures, but some were just taking advantage of things that came my way--I didn't start out to see Harry Potter in so many places, but as college ended and I moved around as the movies were coming out, it kind of happened...and for the last one, when I realized it, I decided to make the most of it and saw it in CA, where I live, and in nearby NV and AZ--turned out to be a totally amazing road trip adventure!!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@bookwurrm--!!!! So true!!! :D --I haven't seen North and South yet, but it's on my Netflix, thanks for letting me know, I'm adding it to my watch-immediately list!!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@Carissa--READ IT READ IT READ IT!!!!--and most of all I hope you like it as much as I do!!!

@Brooke--Thanks!--I had fun hopping at your blog too!!! :D