____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Friday, June 24, 2011

Follow Friday (FF9) and Book Blogger Hop 7

Hoppy Friday Everyone!!!  Or Thursday, as the case may be… ;)


This is going to be another long day/night for me...Seriously, I don't know what it's all about, but I *LOVE* the midnight shows!!!!  For real, I don't even remember ever hearing about such a thing before Harry Potter.  And then Star Wars.  And Lord of the Rings.  And Twilight.  And Harry Potter.  And Twilight.  And Harry Potter....And then Pirates of the Caribbean.  And so I thought it was cool last week when Green Lantern did it.


But this week?Bad Teacher and Cars 2?  Um, ok.  Really???  But even better than the crowed midnight shows with the crazy-awesome fans in costume, are the lonely empty ones that most people didn't even know about.  Best. Seats. In. Da. House.  I am *SO* there!!!!


And now I'm back.  Decided on Cars 2.  In 3D.  Lots of fun!—Like Cars crossed with James Bond and Herbie The Love Bug.


HOW IT WORKS:
For anyone who’s new—Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meet and greet meme hosted by ParaJunkee, where she features a blogger of the week, and all us awesome bloggers can hop around, introduce ourselves, and meet each other.

This week’s Featured blogger is Mickey from I'm a Book Shark—so be sure to check her out!!!


Book Blogger Hop







The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books, and goes Friday through Monday.



If you want to join in the fun just hop on over to Parajunkee’s View for Feature and Follow Friday, or check out Crazy For Books for The Book Blogger HopThen just add your name to the list and start hopping!


Easy-peasy ;)
Now for the Q and A portion of this weekend:


Parajunkee asks:

Q. In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?




A: While, yes, this question does happen to coincide nicely with next week’s (June 28) release of Tera Lynn ChildsFins Are Forever, hands down, my favorite (albeit Disnified) fairy tale is The Little Mermaid.  I still remember when I went to see it with my mom and my sister.  We had driven to Green Bay for school shopping and saw it right in the middle of the day!!!

*sigh*  The singing.  The swimming.  It was Disney at its most magical and I fell in love.

For anyone who’s seen Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the mermaid scenes are absolutely breathtaking—I didn’t used to think it was possible for live-action and special effects to capture the magic of what animation did for The Little Mermaid, but I could totally picture it after seeing the new Pirates!!!!

I am ALL about the mermaids!!!!


Crazy for Books question of the week is: 
How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?

A:  Ok, I tallied it up the last time this question was asked, and between my physical bookshelves and my virtual nookshelves, I came up with somewhere around 1,000 books.  And over the many times I’ve cleared and re-cleared my desk, it seems to be a magnet for books; likewise, while I have been buying much fewer books than I used to, they are still creeping onto my bookshelves and nookshelves…Although, occasionally a burst of inspiration will hit me, and I’ll think of a bunch of books that I think should be free (and generally are, if I can find them), and all of a sudden I’ll have a bunch more for my little Nook.

What I’m saying is, that while I tried to veer towards estimating on the high-side, I don’ t know that it will ever get any smaller—I’m a voracious reader, and I’m only going to want to read more things, which means I’ll probably never catch up, but that I’ll have a lot of fun trying!!!!


Sweet dreams!!!!  Have a great weekend everybody!!!—And don’t forget to enter my Fintastic Fins Are Forever TLC Swag Giveaway!!!!






(\__/)

24 comments:

Rebecca said...

I do love Disney's Little Mermaid, but I don't like the original tale. It's so sad. (New Follower)
Happy Friday
~Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

nymfaux said...

Rebecca Thanks for the follow! So true about the original!!!--I actually had a more anime/Hans Christian Anderson version of the movie--and it was still a really beautiful story, but much more sad and violent, and riske (she had long hair, but no sea shells)(scandalous!!!)(lol)--The mermaid in me much prefers the Disney happy ending!

Bonnie said...

Hi I'm an old follower hopping through. I also loved the Little Mermaid - it was the first movie I saw in the theatre. I have a few books about Mermaids on my TBR list and am happy to see so many great ones coming out!

Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

Howard Sherman said...

When did I first realize I loved reading? I wish I could prove a pre-natal predilection towards books but my memories don’t stretch back quite that far.

The earliest memories I can recall involved books. First having them read to me then reading them on my own the minute I had the ability.

Books have been a major part of my life ever since. My passion for the written word knowing no bounds, I started writing books on top of reading them about ten years ago.

Want to know what my favorite childhood book was? Hop on over to my blog and find out: http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Amy said...

I've never heard of Fins are forever. Great answer.

Here's my Friday

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

Darcy said...

Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

Alison said...

Hopping through. I can't wait to read Fins are Forever. The first book was really fun.
Can't wait to see Cars 2.
My Hop

Amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by my FF!

I love The Little Mermaid. Mermaids in general are awesome.

Jessica S. said...

Thanks for the follow! I'm following back now. ^_^

I have to say, it is quite awesome all the books we have in common! I've been wanting to read that new Sweet Valley Confidential book--even though not many people seem to have liked it. I like forming my own opinion though, so I can't wait to check it out. Oh, and I hope you enjoy reading 101 Dalmatians!

I have Forgive My Fins in my recent library pile and can't wait to start it. :)

bookbitereviews said...

I love little mermaid. I always sing part of that world to my little cousin lol. Good choice!!

Happy Sunday,
-Becky

Trish (Just a YA Girl) said...

Hello 100 follower! Your blog looks fabulous and I love your header :)
following back!

Great pick on the fairy tale. If I didn't go classic, I would have went with the little mermaid. I loved that movie.

Have a great weekend (what's left of it)

♥ Trish

TheJennaGirl said...

Disney's The Little Mermaid is great! I used to love the TV show on Disney Channel, too with Urchin, the merboy and the gangster shrimp. LOL I even still like to watch the reruns on Toon Disney when they play them. Yes, I fully intend to never grow up.

Thanks for visiting me at ! AND on Twitter! You're awesome. I'm a follower on your blog now, too!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

thanks for stopping by! have a great weekend!

nymfaux said...

@Bonnie Hi!--Thanks for visiting!!!

The Little Mermaid is definitely the first movie I have a clear memory of seeing in the theater! And I'm definitely looking forward to the flood of mermaid books!!! Should be a lot of fun!!! :)

nymfaux said...

@Howard --Great answer!!!--I'm totally with you, I've always been a reader, too!!!

nymfaux said...

@Amy Thanks!--Fins Are Forever is the sequel to Forgive My Fins (which came out last summer)--FAF is just coming out now, but I had an ARC, so I've already read it--Tera writes really fun, fresh, cute books--but she's coming out with a darker trilogy, Sweet Venom, in the fall!

nymfaux said...

@Darcy--Thanks! I noticed you're a fellow Jane Eyre and Harry Potter lover!--So nice to make new friends!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@Alison Fins Are Forever is even better than Forgive My Fins!!!--I think you'll really enjoy it!!!

Cars2 was super-cute--Kind of like Cars meets James Bond, meets Herbie the Love Bug--Lots of fun!!!!

nymfaux said...

@Amanda--Anytime! ;) And totally agree--Mermaids rock!!!

nymfaux said...

@Jessica--Sweet Valley *sigh*--It brought me straight back to when I used to read the series...I don't know if that's good or bad, but I enjoyed it!--And I hope you like Forgive My Fins, too!--It's a little bit of throwback to lighter YA--and a lot of fun--And the new sequel was *SO GOOD*!!!

I am *SO* looking forward to 101 Dalmations!!!! *SQUEE*

nymfaux said...

@Becky--lol--So much fun; right!?!??!

nymfaux said...

@Trish--awww! Thanks!!! :D

I love so many fairy tales...I just think there's so much to explore...But I'm a water-baby at heart, so The Little Mermaid will always top the list!!! ;)

nymfaux said...

@TheJennaGirl--I'd almost forgotten about the TV show!!!--I would totally watch that!!!--then and now!!! ;)

You're awesome, too!!!

nymfaux said...

@Carrie--back at ya!--Hope you have a great week!!!