____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Follow Friday 13

Hoppy Friday Everyone!!!  Or Thursday, as the case may be… ;)


but first, some breaking news:

Congratulations to Parajunkee’s View on WINNING for BEST BOOK BLOG FEATURE or SERIES OF POSTS—BBAW 2011!!!!!!!!



and back to our regularly scheduled programming...

HOW IT WORKS:
For anyone who’s new—Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meet and greet meme hosted by ParaJunkee and Alison Can Read, where she features a blogger of the week, and all us awesome bloggers can hop around, introduce ourselves, and meet each other.







This week Parajunkees’s Featured blogger is 
Alaiel
from
—so be sure to check her out!!!

And Alison Can Read is featuring;
Cristi
from
—make sure to stop and say hi!!!




















If you want to join in the fun just hop on over to Parajunkee’s View and Alison Can Read for Feature and Follow FridayThen just add your name to the list and start hopping!


Easy-peasy ;)
Now for the Q and A portion of this weekend:


Parajunkee asks:

Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?


Hmmm….This one is hard because there are SO MANY to choose from!!!!  It would definitely have to be a world that included magic and amazingness.  My top three choices would have to be:
Hogwarts
Tortall
Thalassinia

I wish there could be a Hogwarts with Dumbledore, Sirius, Remus, and Snape…but without Voldemort—Even though Voldemort totally provides Harry with his most thrilling adventures.  It’s that age old question; can you have one without the other???

I love Tamora Pierce’s Tortall for its wonder and adventure—magic, gods, knights, battles, talking animals, and animals that can understand people.  But not a big fan of Duke Roger.

And then there is Tera Lynn Childs’ Thalassinia.  I mean mermaids!!!!!!!!  What’s not to love????  And as of yet, Lilly’s mischievous cousin is the most dangerous thing you have to keep an eye out for…And jellyfish… I’m just not sure how I feel about a totally seafood diet…

Yeah…I would be happy with any of those!!!



How ‘bout you?—What’s your perfect world???





(\__/)


25 comments:

Black Disaster Fairy said...

I wonder... Can there be a world without Voldemort? Well, maybe a lesser evil will do the trick.

Black Disaster Fairy

A World of Personality

For the L♥ve of Reading

UnRead Brains Eat Bloody Words

Claire said...

Hi Nymfaux thanks for stopping by my blog I'm a follower now. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned I'll have to check them out. Happy FF.

Cristina said...

Hogwart's is definitely in my Book World. I haven't read the other two so I will have to check them out - especially Thalassinia. Thanks for stopping by!
http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. You're the second person who's told me they haven't read VA. This makes me sad. :(

mel u said...

I am very glad the FF book blog hop has made us mutual followers

nymfaux said...

@Black Disaster Fairy--agree, a lesser evil would be better...but I think I would rather live in a world with Voldemort, than a world without Harry. *deep thoughts* ;)

@Claire--thanks for the follow!!!--And all these authors are favorites of mine!!!--I recommend them all!--Harry Potter, all of Tamora Pierce--and Tera Lynn Childs just came out with a new book, SWEET VENOM, which I am totally crazy about!!! (I've already read it twice!)

@Christina--Yay Hogwarts!!!--I think I've been reading/rereading Tamora Pierce the longest--LOVE--And Tera Lynn Childs has two series that are on the fresh/light/fun side--Although, her new one, Sweet Venom is a little darker--Her books have a great sense of humor!!!

@Ashley--don't be sad!--Your post totally one me over!!--I'm moving VA up the tbr list!!! :D

nymfaux said...

@mel--Yay!!!--love meeting new bloggers and finding new books!!! :D

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

:) Yea...
Believe it or not I have a few of TLC books I even got to meet her and get them signed, but I have yet to read those, but sweet venom looks really good.

nymfaux said...

@Ashley--YAY! back at ya!--I've been lucky enough to meet TLC, too!!!--One of the nicest authors/people EVER!!! :D Sweet Venom is currently my favorite!!! But her Oh.My.Gods. series was the first that I fell in love with...and then her Fins series--LOVE LOVE LOVE her mermaid world!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for stopping by:) Old follower. I haven't read your last two book choices I'll have to look into that.
~Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

wanderinghues said...

Thanks for stopping by - and you're right who wouldn't love to live in a world with mermaids :)

Happy FF!

Tania @ Wandering Hues

Tiffany said...

Tortall!!! What an awesome choice :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and following. I don't see you listed as a GFC follower though :/

Sometimes my GFC button just doesn't work. Would you mind stopping by and trying to follow again :)?

Tiffany @ www.abouttoread.com

fairypenguin said...

Great picks! Mermaids would be pretty fantastic! New follower!

http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-4.html

Amy said...

Great picks! I haven't read Tera Lynn's novels yet, but I've heard they're pretty good :)
Thanks for stopping by! I need to order my copy of Mastiff asap!

Kristina said...

Love the world of Harry Potter! Great answer.

New follower :)

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Thalassinia is a great answer! Hadn't even thought of that one.
Have a great weekend.

Rebecca V said...

I've seen quite a few people mention the land of Tortall. I might have to check those books out.

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm one of the many bloggers that answered Harry Potter this week. Good to know it's in your top three. ;)

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

I agree with Hogwarts without Voldemort. I haven't read any Tera Lynn Childs books yet, but I'm about to start Forgive My Fins and I'm excited! Thanks for stopping by!

Rochelle (Books Like Stars) said...

I also picked Harry Potter as my answer. It would be awesome to have that in real life. Old follower just hopping by.

Have a great weekend!

Rochelle @ Books Like Stars

Christin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm a new follower here :) Love your answer choices! Even though I picked the world of Harry Potter, your mention of Tortall is making me think of Narnia - I wouldn't mind that being reality either!

Cleo said...

Thanks for following my blog! I'm a new follower of yours now :D

Living in a mermaid world would be totally cool! And the name even makes it sound cool :) I haven't read any of Tera Lynn Child's books yet though so I might have to add those to my wishlist!

Jackie's Little World said...

There is definitely something so alluring about Mermaids...I always wanted to be one when I was younger :-)

Thanks for following! Following you back!

trailsofthepen said...

Thanks for visiting. New Follower! I haven't read Tamora Pierce yet and just read the summary of the first book and Alanna switches identity with her twin bro. Oh, this is intriguing. I hope I'll be able to find the book here.

Kate @ Musings said...

Oh...Tortall and Tamara Pierce... loved the Trickster books!

Thanks for the follow... returning the favor!

Thanks for hopping by.... Musings of a Book Lover