____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Secret Circle CW Premiere

Ummm… How many awesome things can I say about L.J. Smith???????

I absolutely fell. in. love. with her books waaaaaaaaaaay back when.  High-schoolish.  Early/mid-‘90s.  Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t date myself, but just ‘cause everybody else is jumping on the bandwagon…I’m just sayin’, for once I was early to the show.

And my FAVORITE favorite L.J. Smith series was absolutely The Secret Circle. *sigh*

When they made the movie, The Craft, it was like getting a little taste about what I LOVED so much about The Secret Circle.  And then when they turned The Vampire Diaries into a tv show, I crossed my fingers that The Secret Circle might be next.

And now it IS.  And to tell you the truth, I don’t know if I’m excited or scared.  I have to say, the show looks pretty AMAZING.  But I LOVE LOVE LOVED the books and I have such fond memories of reading them…and it looks like the show has only cast for a coven of half the size.  I was so excited, until I heard that little tidbit.  But then, all of a sudden my mind starts racing—if they cut characters, who could they cut?—There are definitely some that are more background than others, but that doesn’t make them any less interesting!!!  And if they’re already changing that…  What’s next?

Of course, the only way to find out for sure…is to watch it.




The Secret Circle premiers *TONIGHT* (9/15) on the CW
 And I have a feeling I’ll be watching with baited breath. *inhale*



  







(\__/)

2 comments:

Brittani said...

I'm excited about this too. I just read the books a couple weeks ago but I completely love them. Definitely one of my fave series. L.J. Smith is one of my fave authors. I hear your concern with the cast being only half a coven. I noticed that too and I'm not exactly sure what to think about it.

-Brittani

nymfaux said...

Well, I've got the dvr set up, so #crossingfingers!!!