____________________________________ On Hiatus ___________________________________

Monday, September 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Sweet Venom


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page




BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


With today's release of Tera Lynn Childs’ super-anticipated, newest book, Sweet Venom, I thought this would be the perfect time to whet your appetite with a few excerpts!!! ;)


This is it, I tell myself. This is the moment to leave doormat Grace behind and becomefearless Grace.  Confident Grace.” 
pg. 17, Sweet Venom (ARC), Tera Lynn Childs

 “Don’t you want to know about your destiny?” she asked, ignoring my question. “The one the oracle told you about.”
 pg.46/47 Sweet Venom (ARC), Tera Lynn Childs




I am *SO* in love with Sweet Venom!!!!


p.s. hop on over to Tera's blog, because she's giving away 3 copies of Sweet Venom!!!
You know you want it SO bad!!!
(winners will be chosen next Monday: September, 12, 2011)




(\__/)

10 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Wonder what's got Grace so upset. Wonder what question she asked in the second one. Great teasers!

By the way, the blue text is so much easier to read than the purple with this black background. If it had been in purple, I would have just skipped it. Just sayin'.

Rebecca said...

It definitely sounds like a good read! I'm starting to get more and more curious the more I see it around and hear things about it. ;) Great teasers! My teaser can be found here!

Sally said...

Great teaser. I may have to check this one out.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

nymfaux said...

@Karen and Gerard--Thanks for stopping by!--And I'm SO glad you didn't skip it!!!--Sweet Venom is totally one of my new favorites!!!

And thanks for the note on the text color...I have to admit that I *am* partial to purple, but readability is also very important!--I do like bright colors, but I like to switch it up and will definitely keep that in mind!!! :)

nymfaux said...

@Rebecca--I've had the Sweet Venom ARC since April, and I have to say I'm just as excited about it now as when I first heard about it!!!--I've already read it twice!!!

nymfaux said...

@Sally--Thanks!--I hope you get a chance to check it out--definitely one of my new favorites!!! :)

Keely Ann said...

I've been hearing a lot about this one! Can't wait to read it! Thanks for the tease :)

~Keely
Realms of an Open Mind

nymfaux said...

@Keely Ann--Thanks!--I've already read it twice, and it just gets better!!!

Darkfallen said...

Ooookkkkkk so I don't know what happened to my first comment but ummmmm....*dumb iPhone*

Anyways Nym I am so super jealous that you have this already!!! YAY FOR YOU:) Awesome teasers girl.

nymfaux said...

@Darkenfallen-- *GIANT GRIN* I probably shouldn't gloat...but since you usually have plenty of awesomeness over at your blog...I will agree that you definitely *should* be jealous--I always love Tera's books but this is LOVE/LUST/TOTAL AMAZINGNESS. =D